Monday, February 27, 2017

A Moment In Time

Two years ago today I sat in my history class at Utah State begging the clock to move faster. Every second seemed like an eternity and I didn't know if the class was ever going to end. Then that sweet moment came when the professor dismissed us and I ran for my dorm. I paced the room until one of my best friends arrived and I jumped into her car and headed toward Saratoga Springs. I asked mom on the way down if the mail had come yet...praying that a certain letter was there...and she let me know that she wasn't going to check it, that she was going to let me do it once I was there. When I opened up the mail box I couldn't help but scream when I saw a large envelope taking up most of the space inside. My call had come. I carried that letter around with me until 7:oo pm that night when many of the ones I loved gathered at the church building close to my home to be there when I opened it up. I still remember how badly I was shaking as I tore it open and fumbled to pull the paper out. As I said the words, 'the Washington Vancouver Mission', something inside me stirred..something woke up...I remembered something that still wasn't clear... This was the place I had promised to tend for the Lord long before I came to this earth. I already knew it was home. The days leading up to my mission took forever as well. I was so excited and so anxious to get there! But I entered the MTC exactly when I was supposed to. As I entered a room of strangers and watched while more came in, I wondered what was ahead of me. Little did I know then, that within 12 days those strangers would be some of my very best friends. Getting onto that plane with them by my side brought so much comfort that I am unable to put into words. I had my family with me. As I went through my mission I would get to serve around them from time to time and one of the sisters literally became my sister as she served by my side. Those months with her are priceless to me. Every transfer occurred when and how it needed to. It was so hard to say goodbye, but I was blessed with many more hellos. My entire mission taught me that God is truly in the details of our lives. He is so much more involved than we realize and He is doing everything He can, everything we allow Him to do, to help us succeed in this life. He guided me to a mission, it was still my choice, but He prepared me for it in ways that I was completely oblivious to and He gave me the strength to not only make it through, but to love every single day.
I sit here today, with my little sister asleep beside me, amazed and in complete awe of what God just did with me and my life in such a short amount of time. All I can say is that He lives, God lives today and He loves you and He loves me. I'm grateful to know Him and have no doubt that He is there and that His Son is by His side; together they carry me, aid me, comfort me, and walk beside me. I am never alone and I can accomplish anything and everything they call me to do. I am Their servant, Their hand maid, Their disciple. I can't wait to see what They have in store for me in the next two years...

No comments:

Post a Comment